18th march weymouth

Sam

Hiya Sam, Billy and I fished a small friendly match with a bunch of other anglers, aboard Colin's boat, Flamer. We had a few drifts over the bank, nil bites to our boat. Another boat reported a handfull of plaice, nil turbot as yet. Weather wa sfantastic, stayed dry all day, and a tadd of sea mist later on.

Fish wise, we had Wrasse, Ballans and Cuckoo, Bull Huss to about 6lb, Pout, the smallest Whiting Ive ever seen landed from a boat, Doggies, (only two all day!), and Poor Cod, so species wise, it was pants!! Good company made the trip worthwhile though! Most fish were taken on rag, tipped with squid, all on three hook flowing scratching rigs.

Rich

tongue.gif Newboy, It is a 3-4 ft long trace with three hooks that clips to the end of a sliding boom. Scratching just means small hooks ie 4-6. You can build several variations into the rig by having smaller or larger hooks, less hooks, change line diameter etc. Probably the most succesful match boat rig mate. Give me your addres and I will send you a sample for you to play with and experiment with your own versions. Regards, BB cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...