Parole at last

crazy fred

Well I've been under house arrest with the dog for the last two weeks but at last house work and learning how a washing machine works are a thing of the past the ice queen is back from Alaska .

So it's Mon morning and I've decided to fish the evening tide at dancing ledge . So armed with only a box of squid , there are no salmon eggs , rice or hallibut pellets as this is a fishing report not a cooking program Mr Lynes.

Ropes off 3-30 to catch the last 2 hours of the ebb , it takes 30 mins from stakes to dancing ledge weather and tide perfect for a fast trip. After 5-10 mins looking around and a drift to see how the boat will lay I stick the galvanized lump in and with the rattle of chain and then the rope flying out with a knot that looked as if the dog had tied it . Oops I'd forgotten to splice it up from the spieces hunt when we had to cut and leave it on poole patch . This is when you think do I haul it in and risk it coming undone or sod it lets get fishing , sod it lets get fishing .

I decide to fish two rods as the boat is laying straight in the tide but by the time I start baiting the second rod "fish on " a nice bream about a pound and a half . Then for the next hour constant fish but no fish over 2 lb but good sport .

The tide slackened off and so did the fish so coffee time and wait for the flood to start. With the first trickle of flood I decided to pull up and re anchor . The anchor came up easily with a knot the size of your fist fighting to get through the bow roller but once on board I admired it and decided it worked once so back it went for another go.

It was slow for the first 30 min but then it was as though somebody threw the switch , fishing two rods became impossible so it was down to one and the fish just kept coming . By 8-00 I'd had enough my arms were on fire and my wrist's were starting to complain as the tide pushed hard and I was trotting an 8oz weight . The best fish landed weighed in at 2-12 but I'd lost a much bigger fish in the tide .

So smiling to myself at a good plan and result I decided to pull up the anchor and head for home with the flood remembering this time to leave the knot outside the anchor locker so as not to forget to put a nice tidy splice in it. The tally of fish was "I wasn't counting " but kept 8 for friends . I cleaned up on the way back as the sea was now like a billiard table which made things easy and I even made coffee at 23 knts you have to have trust in them radar alarms and auto pilots they don't call me crazy for nothing!!

It was worth two weeks of no fishing under house arrest for that fantastic evening session

HAPPY DAY'S