How to fill a grease gun?

Adam F

Alun,

I filled mine differently to this.

Unscrew container. Plunger is fully "down" - place over hole in tub of grease and slowly pull plunger out so it sucks up the grease through the hole, whilst applying slight pressure so the plastic thingy in the tub slides down the tub of grease.

Place back onto grease gun and compress - ready to go.

Perhaps it is easier to scoop it in biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I think it is about scooping it in but before you put the spring and plunger back in you have to lock the spring up or you will struggle to get the top screwwed on.

It's a bit of a sod. Especially with your hands and everything covered in grease.

There should be a small notch for the lid to lock on. Watch your fingers because if it slips off while your trying to screw it back on, POW.

Some you can put the whole plastic tube of grease in with the ends taken off

Good luck wink.gif

Gordon

Its messy if you get it wrong. Putting the gun over the hole, as described above, is the best way. Compress it then release the bleed valve while pulling the plunger and repeat.

I've given up on those now and got hold of a gun that runs of the compresser. The grease comes in cartridges akin to silicon sealent tubes that just load into the gun. Looking at the cost its slightly more expensive but theres a hell of a lot less waste.