combi boiler pr valve

duncan

Having got down to the van for the first time since the park reopened I find that the pressure release valve on the combi boiler is leaking at just about any pressure. Tried purging it a few times and various pressures but it's determined to drip drip away. Don't want to go poking around with it as it is a safety feature (although it's plumbing rather than gas!) so simply replacing it seems the best option - don't seem expensive compared to boat parts anyway!

Worcester combi (don't know number so can't order from online spares this week) - anyone know a source of such spares in the Poole area that would be open Saturday am?

Clearly until I resolve this I am unable to move onto less important things like serviceing the outdrive and antifouling ready for the bream!

Thanks in advance

I put the same type of boiler in my mums place a few years ago. Its the same make, Worcester. Worcester were taken over by Bosch. If its the same type of PR valve then I repaired my mums one by descaling it.

In areas with hard water, ie Poole, you'll get quite a build up of scale on the seals. If its the scale thats making it leak. I found soaking it in vinegar over night....it was the only acid I had to hand, sorted it with a bit of prodding and poking. Seems tohave been fine for the past year or so with no probs.............yet!

thanks Barry but I don't have the 'window' for that sort of operation - overnight without heating or water doesn't sound appealing and the replacement should be under 10 squid.

It's sourcing one for this Saturday as well because leaving the van gradually loosing pressure so that it will eventually cutout when it gets to 0 isn't clever either!

Plumb Center or Parts Center have about 3 or 4 branches in Poole and Bmth.

They are open on Sat till 12 oclock - if you find out the part number or description it would help - if you call me before you go in, Ill let then know and Ill get them to do it for cost...I work for them.

Adam

PS - PM me if you want anymore details.

thks all - unfortunately I had already left before your posts (went via Birmingham for a couple of days!).

Barry - found a spare bottle of kettle descaler in the van so thought I would try your tip early Sat (if it all cam eapart easy!) For once it did and after wedging the valve open and leaving it for 30 mins full of neat descaler it cleaned up nicely. Put back together and it seems to be holding pressure (certainly better than it was!!!). Will order up a new one given the price and ease of fitting anyway - now I know the model!

Left me a fair few hours and with Dave's help we overhauled the drive and the changed the engine zincs.

Still got a paint job on the drive and then a full antifoul hull and drive to do yet but I should be back in for the bream at least!

Oh well, these things are sent to try us. Lets face it, it wouldn't be boating if everything went smoothly! The company at Kemsing couldn't help then?

There was a power steering system for a mercruiser on B&O. Don't know wether it would be the same cooler tho.