Sunday 1/11/15 Foggy Sunday on Wishin Too

niggle

Neal as crew today so left Cobbs at 8 with the radar on due to the fog which wasn't too bad but when past the quay was required in places.

As the tide was still building went and tried for plaice by the piers which we found by boscombe and had a good session with 14 or so with 3 keepers for Neal with some tubs,whiting and red mullet as well.

The tide dropped and so did the bites so pushed across the bay to north of dolphin bank and dropped the hook away from the other boats there.Action straight away with good sized whiting then I had a 40lb conger.Then Neal caught a cod.........much to his surprise about 7/8 lb.More whiting with a few dogs and a spotted Ray then the tide dropped so then it was pout and dogs until it started to run then Neal caught another cod......about 9.5lb,he's getting the hang off this!

Pulled the hook just before 3.30 and headed home where we saw Martin and Dean coming in on their Double Decker.

A good day by being at the right places at the right time,I think Neal was pleased but he done a Nigel and forgot to smile for his piccy

Also managed to squeeze Wishin Too under the old bridge at 2.2metres by putting my radar between the rsj's I'm sure I'm going to knock something off my cabin roof one day!!

post-1213-0-50484500-1446403265_thumb.jpeg

post-1213-0-64141900-1446403347_thumb.jpeg

Dean and I went a little earlier than the Wishin Crew with us only having 30-40' vis through the harbour and swash channel.  It was the first time we had used the plotter and radar on Madness in anger but all went well, even better when Steve on True Blue came blasting by so I decided to piggyback a ride out into open waters. Sent Steve a text explaining what I was doing and he was fine with us doing that, what a great friend he is to the club and it's members.  

Our day was planned to be a cod only day but as usual the target species for us didn't want to play.  We did however find a snake pit where we teased out over 20 eels up to 30lb with the average being in the 15-20lb range.  Boy those things tug back.  Also had spotted and thornback rays pout the ever present dogs and other bits.

As the weather was so nice we decided to come home helming from the flybridge which was lovely going with the wind at a little over 20 knots but when we turned to come up the swash and into the harbour the wind chill factor got us.  

All in all a great day to be afloat (I even donned my sun hat and shades B) ) with enough entertainment to keep us happy

Roll on the cod comp, I'm sure to lose but if the weather is half as good as it was today I don't care  :)