Trailer bearings advise

Retrowagon

I use Industrial Links in Factory Road, Upton as said above, but any of the local bearing firms will do.

Shouldn't cost too much.

Have you got Bearing savers ?

Well worth having them.

http://www.westerntowing.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=bearing%20savers&PN=bearing-savers-hu8%2ehtml#SID=69

£23.36p

Jim

Pump as much grease into them as you can! If the hub cap comes off push it back on until all the grease spews out of the air hole in the center of the cap, then you know there is enough grease in the bearings ;)  packed mine this way 8 years ago and still running the same bearings... just pump em up with marine grease every so often but right to the brim.

Another top tip you can get Stainless steel grease nipples from Allfix,  Leyland Road, Wallisdown, cost pennies and last for years... they don't clog and they don't snap off just before you want to go fishing, probably get them from TR Fasteners on the Nuffield also.

Like I said, had mine in for eight years and they are as smooth as silk, I was going to change them last year so I stripped down one side washed out the bearings and there was no undue wear, so I put them back in, still going strong and I trail away from Poole several times a year.