Saturday Shambles Trip

niggle

Mal and my friend Chris jumped on Wishin Too at 6am with the hope of turbos after a couple of 20lbers were caught Thursday on the Shambles.It was a bit lumpy going there but with an improving forecast we knew it would be worth it later.

We had Launce from the start and a few mackerel but both were patchy,baits down and then my rod goes heavy is it a turbo? or is it weed?.................................its..weed !!!๐Ÿ˜‚

A bit later .......bite.... let line out .....fish on!........is it a turbot or a doggie?................................a..doggie!!!

Then later still I get a bite.......fish on!.........is it a mahosive turbot or a ray?......................................a Ray!!!

In the mean time we were picking up Launce ,mackerel ,weavers,a few herring and more doggies on our live Launce!!Mals fault they must of followed him from the ledge๐Ÿ˜‚

I get another good bite....gave it line then wound into it......is it a mahosive turbot or Ray?.......Ray ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I got bored waiting to see if any turbot had been missed by the trawlers so called it......lets go wrecking pushed out some 18 more miles .

My first drop touched bottom, lift...fish on๐Ÿ˜€,then it was none stop action......all cod except for one pollack,we had a good time with many times all 3 of us hooked up at the same time.Most were small so they went back and we kept a couple of better or damaged fish each,lost count of how many we had but I have to admit my rig I made for the Brighton pollack comp was awesome. Total cod ........guess @55+cod

Tried a couple of tackle grave yards on the way back in and docked after refuel about 7.so a13 hour day in the office๐Ÿ˜‚With great company and brilliant weather

Nigel

post-1213-0-47130500-1432414889_thumb.jpg

post-1213-0-32236800-1432414912_thumb.jpg