HI

Sprinter

Well a friend pointed out your web site and i thought i had best see what was going on

As it is things in here look good, with some sound advice.

Anyway

I'm 40 and a bit, and moved to the Poole area just over a year ago, Imanaged to get back into shore fishing but to be honest i dont catch much due to lack of skill, local knowledge and just being a poor shore angler.

I managed to get my son into fishing and we have been quite a bit in the past year (he usually catches more than me) and it is good to get out and about with him at the moment, He is very nearly 16 and im expecting him to turn into a right adolescent git any time now but on the whole hes a pretty good lad.

I have always prefered boat angling and have done quite a bit of it as a kid, Unfortunatley i cannot afford my own boat yet but i am working on it (wife tells me a new kitchen is required first but im not convinced), We would be delighted to get out and crew or scroung a lift with some of you and learn/ relearn some techniques from as many members of the club as possible

I have always been intreagued by the sea and its getting worse (depending how you look at it) as i get older, I have in my military days passed my powerboat rescue cox lvl 3 and comp crew, Although i have also sailed lots and lots as a costal skiller (about 9000 miles), Anyway if you have room on your boat for a couple of us that would be great, Obviously i would be happy to pitch in for some fuel and some beer after biggrin.gif

Welcome to the club Zed. Same as you I started boat fishing cos never been able to catch anything decent shore fishing (come to think of it, I haven't caught anything decent boat fishing either.... weep.gif ).

There many boats from the club which launches from the south and I'm sure we can accomendate you and your son on one of our boats. Just post when you can crew in the crew section and keep an eye on crew wanted.

I myself tend to launch from Lymington and you are welcome to come aboard Sweet Honey any time.

Hi Zed,

Welcome to our site. Echo all of Newboy's sentiments above - Im sure we can get you aboard Blue Warrior sometime this summer.

Are you thinking of joining the club? - You dont have to have a boat, and is a sure fire way of crewing for others and getting afloat more often.

Regards

Adam

Zed...welcome aboard, I myself, like you, needed knowledge about boating, although I'm an accomplished boat angler. I joined the club with a view to gaining knowledge before taking the plunge. Please join the club, I can assure you you wont regret it, I know from a non boat owners point of view you, that you will be made to feel at home. You will have to take our tongue in cheek comments though!!!!

welcome............Rich

Thanks for the warm welcome

i will be joining the club as it seems to have a good attitude and web facilities, The people already seem helpfull and willing to teach a newbie the ropes :-)

I will be looking forward to fishing with you over the comming months and years

(we arent just warm wather anglers mind so dont mind winter fishing) Thanks for the welcome

HI ZED.If you join the club you won't regret it.My son and I only joined last month,I have learned so much already that I have had to open an info file,Just a few club members caught more fish last Thursday than my son and I have caught boat fishing from our own boat in poole bay over the last 2 years ! We are hopeing to find out how to improve this year.and I am sure that this is the best way to do it.

HI ZED.If you join the club you won't regret it.My son and I only joined last month,I have learned so much already that I have had to open an info file,Just a few club members caught more fish last Thursday than my son and I have caught boat fishing from our own boat in poole bay over the last 2 years ! We are hopeing to find out how to improve this year.and I am sure that this is the best way to do it.

Jack

When you have caught the fish please tell me where to look as I am still waiting biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Welcome Zed to a great club.

Coddy

cool.gif