Quiz Question....

Adam F

As it seems to be this time of year where little fishing is done and everyone is putting off the jobs that need doing on our boats and spending hours in front of the PC - I thought Id introduce a little Quiz posting...others - feel free to enter a question.

Tonights is:

'Where is/was the HQ of Decca Navigator?'

1945 November 7th The Decca Navigator Co. Ltd., formed as a subsidiary of The Decca Record Co. Ltd.

First model was the 159, named after the bus route that passed the factory in Brixton.

1958 March 10 Decca HQ moves from Brixton Rd to Albert Embankment although not sure if the factory went with it and I think it, the factory, subsequently went to Raynes Park?

This was the answer I found:

'Decca Navigator, headquartered in a large residential property at Little Wymondley, Hertfordshire, had several chains deployed through the UK and signal locking between the systems was possible. One chain, the Sterling Chain, provided trans-Atlantic navigation facilities using Slaves situated in Nova Scotia, Canada and Newfoundland, Canada.'

A fasinating subject - I wonder which is correct?