Martin calling from Heroes on the water

Martin Hurst ( HOW )

Hello everyone just a quick post to introduce myself . Some of you may know that Paul Fennel has left HOW due to ill health. As you can imagine this has left a huge hole to fill , lots or re organisation and equipment redistribution etc etc. I apologise for not keeping the club updated but I have now joined up and will be posting up reports of our work on a regular basis .

Briefly , we have taken on Shiv Payne as a new trustee . Shiv lives in Plymouth and is the wife of Martin who has gone through our programme and is now a member of the South Coast canoes angling team , a big success story for HOW.

This Friday we start a programme with help for heroes at their endeavour facility in Plymouth. This in the short term is a priority , an oversubscribed 8 session programme utilising the AT cast syllabus. In addition we are actively recruiting more coaches and developing the ' team HOW ' over the next few months , starting with a 3 member team attending the British kayak championship in Wales this weekend .

Anyway thats enough as an introduction and feel free to email me if you have any questions about our work or know of anyone who would benefit from our programmes ( mhurst@heroesonthewater-UK.org ) , and of course a huge thanks to all the clubs members for your invaluable and continued support , it is appreciated