Saturday Report

Paul D

Launched out of Mudeford with Gordon onboard . The tide had pushed out a long way ( heard charter boast remarking on how low the water had got ). Managed to get over the sandbar and off to the gulley along the edge of Christchurch ledge.

Wind didnt seem too bad - cold but coastguard were saying F4-5 with 3 inshore. I think it was around F3 or less. They also stated sea state would be slight to moderate. Sea was nothing more than slight. Quite pleasant.

Told Gordon how I have yet to blank on Neo ...... I was beginning to wish I had never said that.

Gordon then was into something bigger than your average pout ( which he had been catching prior to this ). I though - cod .... but no it was a nice ray ( My ray identification is not too good - I think it may have been a Blonde Ray but then it did have some nice patterning on it more like an Undulate.

Weighed the Ray and it came out as 10 lb 8 oz less 1b 8oz for the net. = 9 lb.

Gordon has a photo so will wait for him to post this for ID.

Meanwhile I eventually caught a grand total of two pout. We tried gulley, further out, further in then back to the same spot where Gordon caught the ray.

Charter boat on same spot was reporting poor fishing as well.

I hope Sunday is better for you all - but if launching from Mudeford/Wick watch out for the LW ( charter boats said it was something to do with the high pressure ).