** URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! **

Adam F

Many of you will be aware of the planned cross channel kayak mission for Hero's on the Water that Mark from Alderney Angling and other have been planning for a while now.

The first attempt was thwarted by the weather, but this weekend the tides are small and the weather is good so they are planning to leave Sat morning - the emergancy request is due to one of the saftey boats pulling out. They have one boat but as it's only single engined they want another as support, given the mountainous task in hand.

Mark has just called me and issued a plea.

Can any of the members / club boats assist? This is basically a very slow cross channel cruise standing by the kayak's and other saftey boat - all costs will be covered by the team.

Failing that - I know many of us will be out over the weekend, could we put together a list of boats planning to fish across the channel that could support if needed?

Post here or call me on 07850 278111 if you can help.

Many thanks

Many of you will be aware of the planned cross channel kayak mission for Hero's on the Water that Mark from Alderney Angling and other have been planning for a while now.

The first attempt was thwarted by the weather, but this weekend the tides are small and the weather is good so they are planning to leave Sat morning - the emergancy request is due to one of the saftey boats pulling out. They have one boat but as it's only single engined they want another as support, given the mountainous task in hand.

Mark has just called me and issued a plea.

Can any of the members / club boats assist? This is basically a very slow cross channel cruise standing by the kayak's and other saftey boat - all costs will be covered by the team.

Failing that - I know many of us will be out over the weekend, could we put together a list of boats planning to fish across the channel that could support if needed?

Post here or call me on 07850 278111 if you can help.

Many thanks

Thanks for this Adam.

Just to clarify the times the plan is to leave Swanage at 4.30pm so set up midday or just after, arrival time Alderney is midday Sunday. Thinking more on the suggestion on boats 'being out mid channel fishing', a big part of this is night time when no one else will be out so really do need another support vessel the whole way or I guess part way till dawn Sunday which will put us just past mid channel. From there I maybe able to get a vessel from Alderney to come and meet us so we maintain two safety boats.

So frustrating as everything else is in place.