Where are they ???

Ben

Right the water is warm .... And am posting this to get your views !!!!

Where are the mackrel ????? This time last year there was tons arround ....

The sounder is not showing them and am spending as much time trying to catch them as I am fishing for my intended species ....

Anybody got there views ......?????

I'm finding it's not just the mackerel, everything seems to have changed since the storms, still getting pin whiting. I have also noticed the Bass I caught from the shore were VERY skinny, the water is very dirty, also noticed a enormous amount of 'jelly' that not only clings to the line it's been washed up along the shore (tiny globules and a load of lions main ) .

Is it just me? A few features , ridges that I had 'pined ' on the plotter last year have totally disappeared , I could not find the Valentine2 tank wreck, it has gone, the water depth in that area is now 6ft above the chart, the seabed has dramatically changed in many areas.

I have checked around local catch reports, it's very patchy, I have always believed that those large shoals of Mackerel feed on the Brit etc, checked around the pier yesterday, no Brit , just a few tiny sand eels.

Strange times, no answers .

• 3 weeks later...

Went out today and there was plenty of mackerel about for the first time this year.

Nearly all around 15-20ft deep on sounder.

Observation the only thing that would catch them was small shrimp feathers, tried others just for the hell but nothing on them.

On the banks and lots at anchor too.

Went out today and there was plenty of mackerel about for the first time this year.

Nearly all around 15-20ft deep on sounder.

Observation the only thing that would catch them was small shrimp feathers, tried others just for the hell but nothing on them.

On the banks and lots at anchor too.

Cheers mate