Sunday flounder comp

Manic Moore

First of all thanks to Adam for taking me out an to Rich and his veg soup.

Learned a lot (although Rich's initiation ceromony was strange. Don't think I aught to put the details here!!)

Also my first flounder in 3 trips thanks to Rich's girl friends necklace with a hook on. What ever it takes.

We all had one a piece eventualy and covered various parts of the harbour with all our fish coming from Rockly and Wareham.

Question

Is it right that new members have to hand over their sandwiched and coffee to the skipper on their first trip?

Good day and company

See you

Gordon biggrin.gif

Ah Gordon, See you have been nobled by the lads laugh.gif

I was out today as well, had Dean and Bob H onboard. I blanked as did Dean but Bob had two floundersd in the boat, they were only small so they went straight back. I did play a good sized bass to the boat where it promptly threw the hook weep.gif it looked to be a fish of around 5lb excellent size for the harbour.

Martin

Hiya Guys.....thanks to Adam F for another fruitfull trip on BW. After meeting up with Manic en route, I firmly believe he was trying to aasert his place in club pecking order by driving off at warp factor ramming speed, leaving Rich struggling along behind in Percy pick up!!

After booking in, and getting to the slip, we were met with about four inches of sea at the end of the slip. Adams knowledge paid off here...........grab the pick up Rich, and tow out the trailer after we drop her off the end of the slip. Launch complete, trailer stowed, lads aboard, we steamed out. At anchor I suddenly realised I hadn't placed a ticket on the windscreen of the pick up, ( I usually park up the road in a TS freebie site), unlucky Rich retorts Adam...they're as hot as a hot thing down there for tickets!!

Certain I was in for a sixty quidder, I got down to fishing. Both Adam and Gordon managed to squeak out a flattie, I was just pleased to have got some fun making the bloody rigs!!!

Change of location, a flounder for me!! One apiece, we steamed home happy(ish) with the thought of having to work an extra day to pay for my parking ticket!!

After fighting our way through a plethora of Marine motorbikes at the slip, recovery was swift, Percy obviously was wearing his cloaking device......no parking ticket for me!! Phewwwwww!!

One thing of concern here amid this lighthearted report, it appears that our jetski friends have taken it upon themselves to use Baiter Car Park as a paint ball warzone. Sixty or more shots were fired at what appeared to be friends vehicles. Having taken part in Paint Ball, I'd be miffed if one of those stray rounds had made contact with me, the firer of the weopon in question, posibly having a steel enema!!

One to watch on Sundays perhaps??

A great day, some naff prizes won, thanks to Adam F and Manic for good company, hers to myy next trip on Thursday.

Regards..tight lines all Rich

Good to see you had a good trip out Rich and no parking ticket.

This reminds me of last year when I decided I would save money and park the trailer and car in the car park around the corner from Wick slipway. I would have saved money if I had remembered to buy a ticket ! - Got back and was landed with a