Fishing Boat shoes/Boots

Coddy

Following todays foray on a rolling swell I found that my trainers are worn out for grip.

I was thinking of some shortie neopriene boots but can anyone else suggest some good footware for boats without slipping about.

I don't like wearing normal full size wellies on boats

Thanks

Dave

I have a couple of pairs of these, one pair on the boat and a pair for when I go fly fishing they have been great. Very warm too.

http://www.cottontraders.com/highland-waterproof-boot/invt/aq11079

Even cheaper link.

http://www.cottontraders.com/invt/aq10502#.UoCDLmanzMI

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I can recommend you get a pair of LE CHAMEAU wellies. They are terrific non slip  - the best I have tried and I have used them to stand on the side of the hull using a harness, pretty extreme. They are made from real rubber so they are soft and supple. If you can afford it you can't beat the leather lined version. I wear the normal not leather lined version with thick socks in winter time.  30 years ago they were the Equinnox brand.

Mine are good for 15 years hard graft - I am on my second pair in 32 years, nor bad. They are a french brand used by all the french commercial fishermen.

Just to let you all know, I infact was in Wessex Angling a few weeks ago and saw some Mustard shortie neoprene boots for £35

I have since used them and found that they are great for me with warm feet and no slipping around, even Alan tried them on for size!

Thanks to all for the suggestions however.

Dave