Friday , everywhere

lofty

Well Kent was on, off all week, and we pulled out on Wednesdays forecast as the weather looked pants.

So what to do? I know cod are pulled out of the Solent occasionally so I started to check tides and conditions and made plans for Friday .

Thursday night went to P.B.S.B.A.C and heard tales of weed,weed and more weed still clogging up the Solent, and few if any fish showing there yet.

So a last minute text session with Geordie and we planned to launch first thing at Southbourne.

I arrived at 6.30 am and looked at a very messy sea and 20 mph wind.

On the phone to Bri, stand down .

I drove back to Poole via the bay, Bournemouth was choppy, Branksome was a bit better. Then down to the harbour and it was like a mill pond.

"Get down here Bri."

A dash to Castaways in Hamworthy for rag. Pbsbac club members get 1 lb for £8, as opposed to £10 for non members.

We set up and FINALLY launched at 8 into the maelstrom of Poole harbour at evening hill

null_zps6ac21c0a.jpg

We drifted the main channel for flattys for an hour and then the heavens opened. Proper heavy rain on a flat sea. Hooked on a mooring buoy and got the rag down . Nothing for two hours. Called Bri up for a move and sure enough, bass on. Not a big fella so back he went.

We wanted to try a secret mark so headed off towards it, when I came across a mahoosive plank. At least 5 m long , solid chunky bit of hardwood.

Well anyone with a motor yacht hitting that would be not happy, so I called up harbour control who sent a boat . They saw £ signs when they dragged it away.

null_zps64c45562.png

Headed along the quay and had a chat with an old chum on a Sunseeker.

Tied off at the secret mark and float fished for flounder.

I've deliberately cut out ff to save the mark

null_zpsf7ae475f.jpg

All you could see was motor boats

null_zpseca6bbbd.jpg

Bri was into a bass, a keeper at 46 cm , and conforms to nursery laws.

It chopped right up on the way back and we had a good paddle back to the launch.

Nothing went as planned , fishing was very slow, but neither blanked.I can think of worse ways to spend a Friday

null_zpsf501b87a.jpg

Cheers