Nightshift on the Sole.

Kingfisher 126

Family commitments, birthday etc meant no fishing days this weekend!

Hatch a plan that can get us out fishing and you have the Saturday Nightshift for Sole fishing.

Left Cobbs at 5pm and handed east for the nights fishing.

Stop off at the pier wreck for some pout and hopefully scad for a bit of bait for a big bass maybe?

Pout but no scad after a few short drifts so off we go east.

Anchor down just before dark and rods soon out including a float with a live pout.

Slow start with nothing for half and hour or so after dark unlike the last time when it was like a switch turned fish on as soon as it was dark!

A small smoothy and a small bass then a while later a flattie but it turned out to be a flounder!

The sole started with a steady run and we ended up catching 16 in total.

Bigger ones on the flood, just an observation as only the second time I, ve fished for them so don,t know their habits etc.

We had various species throughout the night, bass all too small, smoothies, 3 plaice, LSD, s, flounder, pout, sole, and a small blonde ray.

Second slack anchor up and a flat calm trip back to Cobbs for 6.45 just as Dave on WM is setting up to leave!!

A fun night with the wind all but gone but it will be the last time out like that as it got cold later, not a surprise as its October!

Chris

You didn't miss much today Chris,went out with Mal and Martin and tried of the end of the ledge for an early cod.No smelly pigs just dogs,smoothie, Mal had a red gurnard @1lb5oz,when tide turned had quite a few bream.Then went over to Boscombe pier and joined some charters plus others where I had a tub and Mal had three plaice

It was a lovely hot day on the water with great company

Nige

Nice one Chris. I went out with my mate bass fishing but after two hours trying for bait fish with no luck we decided to just go with lures,first drop and I got one of 10lb2oz next two drops were followed by fish of 7lb & 8lb6oz +my mate had one of 9lb &5lb8oz but as soon as the tide dropped to under 3knots we never had any more takers, anchored up the slack and had four bloude rays to 22lb and some small tope to about 15lb and one strong run that bit me off :( ? Went back on the drift for the ebb and had another five bass two small ones at 3lb8oz and another three between  7lb & 8lb. so all in all we had a good day with some big fish. I do wonder how much better we could have done with some live baits? We put all the fish over 7lb back to fight another day. :)

Well done Dave, sounds like a good day out.

Taking the day off work tomorrow to go bassing as the weather looks good.

Need to get the live bait to make a difference.

Now to decide where to try!

Beats working!!

Got a space if anyone has a day off, leaving Cobbs at 7ish. Ring or pm me if interested.

Chris

Sounds like some good fish came in Chris - well done that man!

We went out Sunday morning after you were back, and stayed inshore, fishing a few isolated rocks inshore, then Boscombe Pier area, where we had small plaice and a dab, but it was quiet. Came back via Poole Patch (wrasse city) and a few fruitless drifts for plaice in the harbour.

Mike