drifting in my bath tub

Gnasher

Hey guys

As my proper boat is out of action, desperate measures have to be taken so i have decided to take out my 12ft bath tub on tuesday.

As it is a very small boat i have decided to try and take it out off lymington and drift inshore around the marshes near the IOW ferry.

Does anyone know what i am likley to catch if anything? and best rigs/ bait to use etc? im just after some bites. If anyone knows anywhere else local to me that might be better that is safe for a small boat to fish from then please let me know.

Thanks

Dan

Dan

Some good safe advice being given - for a 12ft dinghy, although the forecast looks pretty good - light winds is the main thing to avoid being rolled arround by the surf.

In Poole, could try hamworthy park slipway/ lake road (its free - park in the gravel area above the watermark! ) , as its a short steam or row, much closer to the wareham channel end than baiter park - fish at the top of the channel or where the channel forks into rockley park (tie up to the posts) - but the putty is oozy and deep, so dont expect to go too far from the marked posts.

As far as the Christchurch area goes, I think you've picked the right place to moor. I keep my boat there, and you are only 20 minutes from decent fishing all along the ledge, or inshore reefs, or going further out (2-6 miles) to some of the wrecks marked on the charts.

However, all that said, no description of where to fish ever beats being shown by someone in the know !

Good luck

Sinbad