More Bristol Channel Codding - A couple of Ghosts

Overrun

Yeah, I know, yet another report from this overfished locality. Still chasing a double Cod from the Yak though .

Wal (Andrew) PMed, a new Ultra to test, Saturday weather window looked good, so we agreed to try Blue Anchor. Andrew's last trip to BA resulted in 30 minutes on the water, followed by the infamous CambourneCaperPilot sinking and RNLI shout. The pressure was on to deliver a decent day, surely we could do better? huh.gif

With that in mind, it began to unravel almost immediately. I'd forgot about the HW launch at BA, ...you don't. Memories of CCP's launch from the flooded slip, on his ill fated trip. Should have gone to Watchet. rolleyes.gif

We held back from launching, nervously eyeing the 2-3ft swell surging back from the wall and up the slip. To compound the pressure, we also had met John, one of V8Rob's acquaintances, on a first paddle (no fishing), who was lined-up on the slip waiting for us to go. After 30 minutes the sea appeared more settled or we'd just got used it, so Andrew set-off with a push from me. John gave me a hand away, then I stood by until John cleared the slip on his own. (get the newbies to do the work laugh.gif ). In my defence guv, we did have of loads of gear.

John disappeared in new Dorado off to Watchet, while Andrew and myself anchored over 'Daves' mark on the reef. Well, Andrew anchored, but mine dragged in the soft mud, usually it bites eventually, not this time. Back again, and this time drifted across the rear of Andrew, before biting a friendly 30 yards downtide, I jokingly remarked,

Edited by Overrun