Combe 15/10/11

Overrun

Having missed Mark's Eastern meet due to work commitments, then presented with a last minute free Saturday, hastily checked around to see if any of the north Devon crew were free. Sadly not, which left me with a choice regarding venue, either stay local or venture alone to the Bristol channel. An easy decision, locally the fishing is currently pants, with the last of the summer species hanging on, (paddled 10 miles all-round the bay last week for a dozen kennel maids and a Scad) the winter Cod still well off-shore. Reports from the Bristol channel looked promising, with a few winter species appearing in catches from mid-September, together with lean and powerful autumn Tope to be expected along the north Devon coasts.

Tope it was. Acting upon information received , choice of two marks within reach of Combe or Lynmouth, Combe being preferred. British shore caught record territory, activity already well underway, decided to try a daylight session near the shore marks. Launched after 09:00, perfect day, virtually flat, 8m tide with light offshore wind. Proceeded to the first mark, accompanied briefly by a Dolphin. Buoyed off and snagged the baited Hokkai rig while searching for Triggers, hooks were way too big anyway. Tope rig found something heavy, humongous Edible Crab, which promptly fell off at the surface . huh.gif

Couple of hours passed with no activity, had the feeling I was fishing a freshly Tope pillaged wasteland, where nothing had survived.....should have been there Friday. Watched a big, bright yellow twin hulled tourist trip boat, gradually edging it's way along the coastline.

I admire the amount of effort you lot put into your fishing .... I couldnt even be bothered to get out last weekend when the weather was beautiful (but my excuse was that the fishing was pants).

Concerning the bump ..... I had a similar thing a few years ago, hit a BLUE company car on the motorway. Tiny damage to him but he said he wasnt worried. We didnt exchange details. When I got home i (for some reason) decided to phone my insurance and tell them of the slight bump and the conversation I had with the driver, they made a note (which I now know would have gone onto a database and been used to increase my premiums for future years). Anyway, to cut a long story short, the other car owner did decide to claim and about 3 weeks later I had a call from my insurers claiming for quite major damage to his RED car as well as whiplash injuries etc. I instructed my insurers to dispute the claim but it was agreed to pay out something like about

Concerning the bump ..... I had a similar thing a few years ago, hit a BLUE company car on the motorway. Tiny damage to him but he said he wasnt worried. We didnt exchange details. When I got home i (for some reason) decided to phone my insurance and tell them of the slight bump and the conversation I had with the driver, they made a note (which I now know would have gone onto a database and been used to increase my premiums for future years). Anyway, to cut a long story short, the other car owner did decide to claim and about 3 weeks later I had a call from my insurers claiming for quite major damage to his RED car as well as whiplash injuries etc. I instructed my insurers to dispute the claim but it was agreed to pay out something like about