Sea Angling 2012

Member Removed

Personally I don't blame either the commercials or RSA's for the demise of fish we are imo innocent victims of others incompetence.

I blame the common fisheries policy and those that purport to know whats in our and the fish stocks best interest. They cocked it up and now expect everyone else to pick up the pieces yet again with more half baked ideas. They have been given answers to problems but they will not listen to those that are in the know. They are like children and have to make their own mistakes but at what cost!

Martin

Im with martin i dont blame commercials its the politics that have raped our fisheries. Open a sea fishing mag and you will see adverts for norway, they didnt surrender fishery rights.

I must also say (as someone who started as a coarse angler) the way the inshore bream marks are targeted is absolutley awful - as far as i am concerned trying to catch spawning fish is a complete no- as a young un i watched a lake full of carp spawn (some 40lb)plus .i felt privaliged to be there and didnt fish

And a brief closing note from me is....

All I have seen written here is about conservation and sustainability of our fish stock ...

I think all in the club want to be a part of that......

the difference in opinion is about who is responsible for the decline, why it happened and what we can do to rectify the problem.......

The issue for me is the word FAIRLY ..... I am happy to be a part of what-ever is the course of action to be taken as long as it is fair to all........I only take enough for my needs now anyway...

What I want [and I believe most of you appear to want] is the information used for the decisions and policies to be balanced and fair.

There is no argument about that .....just debate

Lets hope weather improves so we can go get a fish or two !!

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ill add a closing note to my last post, i didnt want to critisize any one or imply i was- just highlight what we can learn from other branches of our sport.

My final point will be we should all respect other ports marks- when we are lucky enough to get to aldrney we have to respect it and maintain our standards, and around our own coast especialy marks like the shamples which is under presure pretty much every day of the year as it is so acccesible and famous

In fact tonight driving back in i realised in 6 years fishing weymouth ive never seen a fishing boat more than twobmiles beyond the shambles.Despite the excellent fishing availible