Sidewinder lures

islander99

Hi guys

I have been reading about a lot of success that some are having with these lures, can anyone suggest to me to tackle up with them , I am supposing that additional weight is needed , I would like to bounce the bottom in about 40 foot of water. Is it with the old flying collar rig or something else .Also is the 6 inch suitable.

Many Thanks

Mike F

Depending what size fish you are aftering, not a bad idea to have the 4" in your tackle bag either.

Rig wise, the long flowing trace will work, but I profer the portland rig. Just do a search here and there were threads about how to make a portland rig.

I have had some good results with them, deecent cod bass and pollack. You dont need a large wait as long as drifting(varies depending on tide..) for cod i bounce them along the bottom for pollack the twenty turns on the reel rule. I prefer the orange/red ones but have caught on blues.

One thing to remember though is that a poor lure in front of fish stands a better chance than a good lure in empty water!