more advice

Member Removed

now i have got my boat i want to get the equipment i was looking to get a affordable chart plotter a fish finder and vhf anyone got any advice on this, i have been told not to get a plotter but to just get a gps what are your opinions. also is there any restriction to how far out you can actually go apart from your own limits. thanks

Hi

The plotter issue has been discussed on this forum quite comprehensively, take a look here http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/forum/index.php?sh...1144&hl=plotter

Re fish finders basically the more you spend the better the unit you will get. I use a Lowrance X91 and find this suitable for my needs. All the main line manufacturers have useful units. One thing to bear in mind is the more pixels the screen has the better the picture. Also colour can identify items better than b&w

I use an icom fixed vhf unit and have an Icom handheld back up both are easy to use with all the features you would ever want, again all the mainstream manufacturers will have suitable sets. You should seriously think about DSC sets as this is the standard. You should also have an operator

If you have insurance (which I hope you do or will do) it sets a limit, some will be a few miles out and some can be 20+, so ask. Also when you are out, make sure you have enough petrol to last the journey there and back plus a good amount of reserve.

Play it safe is all I can say biggrin.gif

Hi,

I am hoping this is not against any forum rules, but I will have a Lowrance X88DF fishfinder for sale in the next couple of weeks. about 8 months old, in boxed, excellant condition and full working order with all cables, fittings and manual with 2 dual frequency transon mount transducers (1 brand new and one currently on the boat) . You can see current price and spec here :-

http://website.lineone.net/~phiadmarine/x88df.htm

Reason for selling, I have just purchased an X136DF which is NMEA 2000 compatible to go with my Globalmap 3300C chartplotter.

The reason for the extra transducer is that I have a portable kit that will allow me to use the fishfinder on a boat without having to install it.

And the reason for selling the extra transducer, not compatible with the new fishfinder.

Reason for the 2 week delay prior to selling, have to wait for the next set of spring tides to enable removal of current transducer and speed log.

Price wanted for all,

Ed - it isnt against any forum rules, but their is a Wanted and a For Sale section on the forum, just so you know.

Sounds a bargin! - Im sure youll have no problem selling it. BTW, Ebay may be worth a bash, Marine Electronics usually fetch a good price on there.

Adam

Hi Adam,

I have sold many items on ebay, but I thought I would offer it to supermotobaz first as he is just starting to fit his boat out and this is a great spec machine at the price.

I was going to put it on the for sale list later when I had removed the bits from my boat, but I made this offer now so as to give him the chance prior to him buying something else.

I have a friend who works for a distributor in marine electronics, so am frequently being offered gear to test/buy so there may well be a few more bargains to be had in the future.

Eddie

I have to ammend the offer of the Lowrance X88DF fishfinder for sale in the next couple of weeks. about 8 months old, in boxed, excellant condition and full working order with all cables, fittings and manual with a dual frequency transon mount transducer. You can see current price and spec here :-

http://website.lineone.net/~phiadmarine/x88df.htm

Reason for selling, I have just purchased an X136DF which is NMEA 2000 compatible to go with my Globalmap 3300C chartplotter.

Reason for the 2 week delay prior to selling, have to wait for the next set of spring tides to enable removal of current transducer and speed log.

Price wanted for all,