....that cheeky request for crew?

TomBettle

You may remember I asked if anyone wanted to join me on a delivery of a centre console Whiteshark 225 and Mercury 250Hp to Jersey?...

Well, I plan to leave on Friday at about 10.30 from Poole aiming to arrive St. Helier at about 17:00.

The owner has agreed to cover costs back to Poole for both myself and a crew person and that is likely to be on the Condor 19:30 sailing back to Poole for 23:00.

No pay and you'll need to bring your own sandwiches and a flask, but a cracking boat and geat experience, particularly if you are building up hours for a qualification such as Yachtmaster etc.

The idea is to split the driving with me doing the bits that may involve scratching the boat at either end!

Need to know asap if a club member wants to come along for a great day with LOTS of fresh air or I'll offer it to a non fishing friend to come as an extra man onboard.

Sorry, no fishing, just delivering!

Tom

Awesome trip over yesterday. Great boat and fabulous engine.

Untied lines at PBM at 10.05 and at 14.20 was having a lovely cup of tea 2 miles off Grosnez Point on the NW coats of Jersey.

105nm total for an average of 2.8nmpg which isn't bad from a big old 250Hp.

Cruised at between 20 and 31.5 knots with a 3/4 hour drop to 18 knots through the Alderney Race.

No fog with slight sea mist and vis of about 7 miles, more if you really squinted.

sounds idyllic Tom - I did ask my osteopath but he just laughed........... biggrin.gif

It was actually a really nice trip Duncan.

Slowed down through the race purely for comfort.

Never got any air under the boat for the entire trip and only actually took about three face fulls of salt spray over the side.

It wasn't what you would call flat by any stretch, but never more than slight and it was that comfortable, "rhythmic" wave motion rather than really hard landings (one did catch the chine, but only the one).