New year kayak meet 2/1/2011

seagypsy

user posted image

Due to the cancellation of the poole flounder kayak meet this year i have been in contact with Zzippy and we have come up with an idea to have a meet on Sunday 2nd January at Lake Pier which is for anyone to come along and have a laugh put faces to names,swap ideas and enjoy the banter. .

This is not to replace the flounder meet , it will hopefully be similar but its something to look forward to over xmas and try out any new toys we may have.

Be it paddling ,fishing or sailing the more that turn up is what makes the meet, there's still a chance of some flounders then too.

I have put this post up to give you a chance to plan,

It is a bank holiday the following day so we will continue into this if the weather suits, , Bournemouth canoes will be in attendance with some demo kayaks for anyone who wants to try it out?

Hope to see as many members there as possible

Ben

Edited by seagypsy

• 1 month later...

user posted image

* Poole Lifeboat crew will be arriving at 10.00am until 12.00pm for a look at our kit and craft followed by some mock rescues and hopefully a flare demonstration.

* At approximately 12.30pm there will be a paddle basics class for beginners with 3 star BCU coach Geoff Goulden, anyone is welcome to join in but please pm me so i can get an idea of numbers. . Donations will go to the RNLI.

* From 1.00pm Tea,Coffee and BBQ food will be available from the Poole harbour canoe club hut situated in the northwest corner of the carpark .

Car parking is free. . .

* Low water 14.34: 0.8m High water 20.11: 1.9m

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EASYTIDE/EasyT...dictionLength=7

I think alot will be fishing the afternoon flood so fishing marks should be easy to spot ,especially if Zzippys flounder bash last year was anything to go by.

Otherwise you can try out the Ocean Kayak demo fleet, some will be sailing or just go for a paddle , but the emphasis is being social and having fun. . Lets hope for good weather

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/poole

If anyone needs bait for the meet please call Tim at castaways on 01202 739202, if orders are taken he will open the shop in hamworthy on sunday morning from 8.00-8.45 for collection ,which is enroute to Lake pier. . .

Otherwise the shop in parkstone will be open from 9.00-1.00.

Ben