Jeaunnau Marlin 6

Peter

I've been tempted by one of these at the boat show today - before I confimr my order has any one expereince of these boats - this one is a new 19-6'' model

Are there any issues with build quality it Ce categroy c7 would this be up to Channel Island trips?

Any comments appreciated

Thanks Peter

You need to talk to Tom Bettle, but he'll be at the Boat Show.

Derek Taylor (Sea Sparkle) has a Jeaunnau Merry Fisher 580 which I expect is the same build quality etc. although not new. You could ask him. I've sent you a pm with his email address.

Edited by Brian

Hi Peter,

I dont think you'd find many sub 20' boats with anything more than cat C, but I'm always corrected on these forum pages.... laugh.gif

Mines a Cat C, and no I wouldnt go to the channel islands, but regularly go 20 miles+ out with no problems, but then I always am reasonably sure the forecast isnt going to be 2m waves and F5-6.

Given the weather is fair, and the clubs excellent buddy boat system, then its a fair possibility even in an 18ft boat - but it only has to get snotty on the way back against the tide, and its a 5-6hour trip... no thanks...

However, the 23-35' boats which go, at least have some more waterline length in hand to prevent much of the pitching and slamming that the shorter hulls suffer from when it gets rough, so the crossing is a little easier.

Plus, thats 4' minimum more space to store a ton of fuel and extra gear, plus a few feet more beam which makes it more liveable when you are there.

cant think of anyother reasons why not...but there may be a few...

I looked at the 580 before buying my boat - there wasnt enough fishing deck space for me, but the Marlin is different - and havent seen many of these at all.

I always thought the MF's had excellent build quality, but again narrowly didnt go ahead with the 625 only for price/ deck space reasons.

Have fun

Paul

I looked at them at the boat show too.

Yes very impressive and trailable with a 4x4

I can't comment on trips to Channel Islands as I've never been.

I am always impressed at what you get for your money throughout the Jeaunnau range.

As Paul said " speak to Tom Bettle "

Jim

My only comment would be make sure you get out to sea in one before you buy. Dont be lured by shiney boats and bells and whistles.

In my opinion that is the most important thing of all. Ive been on lovely looking boat that are horrible at sea... and ugly ones that are superb!

Good luck!