Repairing a ripped out bow roller

Member Removed

Can anyone recommend a boat repairer in the Christchurch area that could be contacted to repair the following damage?

I found the boat in the following condition on the bank holiday weekend. The bow roller was dangling off the front of the boat and there is a hole where it used to be. Basically what had happened is that the mooring is tidal and the boat is parked at 90 degrees to the walk way, bow on. The marina owner had moved the boat from a prior mooring and had tied it up such that the front of the boat at high tide was sticking over the marina walkway. Then as the tide went out the bow of the boat had gotten stuck with the bow roller, which sticks 2-3" out, resting on the edge of the walkway. As the tide has gone out the boat's weight has gone on the bow roller, pushing verticlly upwards and in the end the three attaching bolts and washers have been pulled through the wheelhouse roof, the reinforcing plate inside the roof/ bow has broken and about an inch square of dekcing wood and fibre glass has been broken.

So can anyone offer advice on the repair? Does the whole of the reinforcing plate need to be replaced or just part of it, only the bottom end seems to have broken? What is the plate made out of? Would the boat need to go to a boat yard - I dont have a trailer?

Thanks

Rob

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would hold the boatyard responsible and try to claim on their insurance.

I have used Martin Cobb for repairs on my boats he is first class and based in Poole. I would think he travels to Christchurch as it isn't more than 20 mins away on a bad day. His number is 07860200220

Martin

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would hold the boatyard responsible and try to claim on their insurance.

I have used Martin Cobb for repairs on my boats he is first class and based in Poole. I would think he travels to Christchurch as it isn't more than 20 mins away on a bad day. His number is 07860200220

Martin

Here's a second vote for Martin.

1st class and sensibly priced.

If you put it in the hands of your insurance they will no doubt be taking the view that the Marina Owner is responsible. and will then chase his Insurance Co

It is usually deemed that they are the profesionals and therefore if they get it wrong were negligent.

It depends if he admits that he did it

Charlie

• 3 years later...

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would hold the boatyard responsible and try to claim on their insurance.I have used Martin Cobb for repairs on my boats he is first class and based in Poole. I would think he travels to Christchurch as it isn't more than 20 mins away on a bad day. His number is 07860200220Martin

Found this. Is it still live?