Marine Engineer

pirky

Hi All

Louis is a young man approaching 17 who has completed an NVQ and City and Guilds level 2 in Marine Engineering.

He spent the last year at the Marine Skills Centre at Poole.

He has worked at RIBS in Xchurch, Berthon boats at Lymington (work exp) and Offshore Performance Poole.

He wants to continue onwards and upwards to level 3 and PARAGON COLLEGE at Poole have promised him a place in September.........IF HE CAN GET AN APPRENTICESHIP in the marine engineering environment.

He is living at home in the Ringwood area but I think anywhere between Southampton and Weymouth would be accessible.

Not sure if boat builders take on Marine Engineer apprentices but that is another possible source of work for him !!

ANYONE in the know of any possibilities ....... a nod in the right direction would be gratefully received.

Here's hoping !!!

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by pirky

Hi Dave,

I do not know of anything, but I will bear it in mind.

The only advice I can give is - - - Any skills that someone can gain, that others do not have - - means you can charge more for your time. And if you enjoy it as well, That's a bonus.

Tell him to stick with it ! ! !

As someone who has spent most of his life as a machinist in factories, I know what I'm talking about.

Jim

Jim....... Have done mate.......will do again.......He is already focussed on what he wants to do.....just needs the opportunity to get on with it. I have mentioned " strings to bows " too.....but needs to be same genre.

Dave...... Have said to visit and show a face to some-one at RNLI......as well as take CV and written request. I believe in a face stirring the memory should an opening occur.

ALL ideas gratefully received !!!!

Thanks Lads

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif