Magazine Article on Alderney 2010

TomBettle

Guys

This is for anyone who had a camera and came on the recent Alderney trip.

Dave Barham, editor of Boat Fishing Monthly emailed on Friday asking if I'd write a piece about our recent trip.

He tells me it is planned for the September issue. Knowing Dave Barham I cannot promise which September.

As yet I don't know the focus for the article as it stemmed from him viewing my Tope video on Youtube. I suspect it will be a general Alderney feature focusing on the club and small boats as a whole. He'll let me know in the next few days.

I can't give any guarantees of them being published, but if you have some cracking photo's of the fun you had on the trip and you wouldn't mind seeing them in BFM (or any other publication) then I would love you to email them over to me at tom@parkstonebay.com

All pictures will be saved to CD and sent along with the article to BFM (and anyone esle I may write something for). The editor will choose the pics they want from the CD.

If I was planning the whole feature then I'd be able to promise a credit for any photo's used. Where the editor is choosing I cannot do that so please understand that by sending them to me you are happy for them to be published without necessarily seeing your name in print too.

tom@parkstonebay.com for any pics please.

I hope you are happy to send them over.

All the best

Tom

Hi Tom

Did you get the ones I sent yoiu of your boat?

I will copy mine from the trip to a memory stick and pop over with it, there are a couple that may be of interest.

We had the same last year, I sent the pictures to the sea fishing paper and let them choose, I think that they chose a lot of mine to be polite, where I would have picked a better selection.

My advice would be be a bit selective in what you send them.

All good PR though

Charlie biggrin.gif

Edited by great white

Hi Tom

Did you get the ones I sent yoiu of your boat?

I will copy mine from the trip to a memory stick and pop over with it, there are a couple that may be of interest.

We had the same last year, I sent the pictures to the sea fishing paper and let them choose, I think that they chose a lot of mine to be polite, where I would have picked a better selection.

My advice would be be a bit selective in what you send them.

All good PR though

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hi Charlie

I've certainly seen them on the gallery, but don't think I've had them on email...

Dave Barham has actualy contacted me in this instance. He'll be after the best selection of pics I can give him and as I was concentrating on fishing rather than taking pics any I can get from you guys would be fabulous.

Flatties, Cod, Pollack, Bass, Tope, Boats, general fishing or boating..... Without knowing the angle Dave wants, ALL pics would be very much appreciated.