What a Difference a year makes

Zzippy

After watching the weather forecast all week decided to have a go today,seeing as tomorrow and the rest of the week is meant to be windy.

I arranged to meet YemaKram(Mark) at Durley Chine at around 8am.I got there at around 6.30ish to get ready seeing as it takes me a good hour to sort things out ;D

Took a few early pics as it looked ideal for fishing.The wind was blowing about a force 4 N/W (offshore breeze) and the sun was shining.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Around 7.30am Maver popped down to see us launch.I had everything ready for once....or so I thought....Dam forgot the bait :smile.gif.So it was a journey home whilst Maver and Yemakram looked after my gear.

25 minutes later and I was back and raring to go ;D.

Maver went back to his car and pulled out a camera muttering something like...Revenge is sweet ;D ;D

Mark was first out,Maver was at the waters edge waiting for a new member of the Durley Surf Club.But it didn't happen,nearly happened though ;D

It looked calm out at sea but a few big breakers were appearing every now and then.

I managed to time it right and took a big breaker over the Bow but stayed on wink.gif

By now the wind had started to come more from the West and was making it a tad lumpy at sea

user posted image

We got just over Durley rock and dropped anchor,let out loads of warp so we would be over the rough ground.Baited up 2 rods and waited...and waited....and waited.Not a sniff of a Bream.

So I up anchored and put myself right on top of a really rough patch.Nothing there either sad.gif

Mark got a photo of me messing about with my fishfinder

user posted image

Stuck it out for another 10 minutes then Mark decided to head in as the lumpy water was affecting him.I chose to go back in as well as it was not happening.So in with the rods and up with the anchor.....%&****

Well done Mark..........nice report as usual.......shame about the bream....or any fish come to that.

Do you boys set your anchors to trip or slip so as bring it up from the front and avoid losses ??? I realise it is a bit different to being on a boat, but the slip method would be effective I think...

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers Dave.

Yes I use the trip method with small cable ties,I felt it trip but think the chain must have got caught between the rocks.

I tried for about 5 minutes and nearly went over twice sad.gif so decided to cut the cord.

Next time I will use the Bridle system with no chain,just feed out more cord.

Mark,

Next time when there may be more of us out there leave the anchor on a buoy and call up a club boat. If the're not near buy for immediate help they might just give it a pull on their way back in if you pass on the numbers and description of said buoy.

Rob

Thanks for that Rob.

I have a GPS so can get the co-ordinates ok,and I always have my radio with me.

I didnt hear anybody on channel 6 yesterday.But could see a few boats out towards Southbourne rough.

A few charter boats were drifting in close to Bournemouth pier and alot of nets out.Starting from about 200 yards off Durley sad.gif

here you go mark these are what I took

user posted image

YemaKram setting up

user posted image

Zzippy chomping at the bit

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

easy

user posted image

the launch

user posted image

a butt clenching moment(sorry about the clarity)

user posted image

well held that man!!

well done you both got out at least the garden got sorted ready and it only took a couple of hours to sort today. Looks like the durley surf club will have to wait for some new members ;D

Well done Lads.

As always, a jolly good read.

If ever you wanted a change in career Mark. You could do this for a living.

Telling interesting fishing / kayaking stories. The wages may be crap but who cares. wink.gif

Jim

As usual a fascinating read, even Freddie my 4 year old likes the pictures.

We promise to slow down when we wizz by in the summer months.

Better luck next time you go out and please keep the pics coming as it really brightens up my day here in sunny Wokingham.