Bob is THE Sole man!!!!

Adam F

Bob and I took Splash-Out, out for a change last night - what with BW laid up in the drive and all.....

What a cracking eve! Apart from not being able to launch at Wick. We launched from Muddiford - which was interesting. It was a low water spring of 0.5m when we arrived, and we still slipped with ease - it also saves a 1.5m run at 4knots through the harbour!!

After scraping our bellies on the sandbar, it was 27knots all the way down to Hurst where we planned to drift for bass. It looked perfect, so fishy - but the bass didnt think so. So at 7.30 we headed back to Barton for the sole.

Much better than last week! I missed 2 cracking bites before hooking up into a nice bream about 1.75lb. Then I had a thornback, followed by a smoothy and topped off by another thorny!!

Bob performed well after a slow start taking 2 nice pan sized sole, a bass and a doogie!

Easy run in and home for midnight. Shall definatly be using Muddiford more for launching, esp. in the Winter when its not so busy.