Wiring problems

mike60

Well! Its parked in the garden here on Bovington, I am looking for some kind person to give me a price to come & help me with wiring the VHF to the plotter & fitting a navtex & kill switch.

If there is anyone in the club with a bit of a flair for this sort of thing I would love to hear from you.

PM me or call me on 01929 401716

& I`m sure we can fix you up with tea/coffee or even a couple of cold ones.

Mike.

Might also help to mention that this thread is now on page 3 if you search for "Bluewater Horizons Poole" in Google .......

The wonders of the internet.

Ditto here ( Electonics Engineer ) with regard to your GPS to VHF - if you let us know what models they are can probably get the information from their website. Hooking them up is really a fairly straightforward job ( if not confusing as Steve says)

"Hooking them up is really a fairly straightforward job"

I wouldn`t say that, according to the books wires of different colours go together & the tx from gps to vhf has to connect to the ground on the vhf set of wires. Now thats damn confusing to me! I`m getting to the point of using an irish screwdriver & just going back to using paper charts & a mobile phone.

The last 6 months have taken thier toll & I am not the patient type.

Mike.

Mike,

I am sure Bob will sort you out and he is the patient type smile.gif

I spoke to Bob on the phone today & he`s coming over tomorrow to give me a hand, Seems like a really nice bloke.

I think I`m just getting a bit fed up after all thats happened, Just hoping its all done with & I can get on with a really decent season. Some good days out & some mega cracking fish & I`l be right as rain again. smile.gifsmile.gif (we can all live in hope!!)

Mike.