bay area tutor/crew needed

wotu2uk

Now that I am settled in, and my internet is at last connected (2 weeks without it is HARD!), I would appreciate it if a knowledgeable chap would like to show me about the harbour and outside, marks, etc.

Due to cock-ups, I missed my VHF course, but will be doing one soon.

My boat is straining at the leash in Cobbs Quay.

any offers?

john

John / dave,

I am hoping to get out of Cobbs this weekend in my boat. Like you john I am not familiar with winter marks / hazzard area's or area's to avoid.

If you are going out on a knowledge trip can I shadow you or just chat prior to you leaving.

experience is building up and have enjoyed summer marks as suggested on our site, but fancy a day ray / cod fishing.

I can make most days next week and have a space on my boat.

at this moment, the furthest that I have been is to the end of the marina, at which point, by the chart, I should bear to starboard to follow the green marker poles around.

Once past Poole bridge, it will be much easier, even the ferry.

I would be happy to follow you, Alfie, but I suspect that you are not going from CQ marina

It is a bit nervewracking, first time in a strange place.

john

Edited by wotu2uk

Hi John,

I am also at cobbs and have ventured out and about since March down as far as the I.O.W.

This Saturday the weather is reasonable [xc weather.com ] and may the the last opportunity to get out on a reasonable tide / swell.

I understand where you are comming from asking for company of a more experienced crew and that is sensible.

If you get stuck with any concerns just give me a call 01985 213722 and I will try to help.

enjoy your playdays and will no doubt meet in the near future. wink.gif

I will be leaving Cobbs Quay around 7.20am tomorrow a.m. to catch the 7.30 Bridge lift.

If you want to follow me out I am more than happy for you to join me.

Depending on what you want to target - then I can give some advice (as long as you don't want to try for Sole!)

I will be stopping in front of Brownsea Castle to catch some live/dead bait and then going to fish a relatively inshore wreck - followed by either an early attempt for cod or plonking the anchor down on some mixed ground to see what is still around!

Returning for the 4.30 bridge

If you fancy any of that give me shout on the VHF or see you at Cobbs / or by the lifting bridge

Or if you want to come along on board to see how it should not be done! - I have room for a couple!

Neal