FBAC Link??

Adam F

Have a look at this:

http://www.fbac.co.uk/General%20Informatio...20Issue%202.pdf

Do we think a similar - slighly more basic, would be a good idea for this site??

Yes it's a fantastic site isn't it. Mind you I bet it took several years of development to reach that high standard.

I am so envious of their own club house and tractor launching facility. I'm sure that if we asked Poole Council/PHC and lord knows who else we could get our own hut and slip just like that! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Mad Mike

Mike,

Not several years of development. ( It was launched 2 years ago ). The key is having plenty of contributors. ( I can only write about so much !! ). Where's their forum unsure.gif

What is good about their site is the layout. I do like the members boats page - but page layout design is not my forte I am afraid. Al;so the catch reports page where you can click month by month to see what has been caught. I think we could / should have something similar but would it be possible unless members reported their catches ?

Anyone want to offer to go through the forum catch reports and correlate them for the front page ( in a similar fashion as done for existing ones ? )

I didnt post it here as a comparison!...Ive been visiting the FBAC site for over 2 years, and whilst it is good, it hardly changes, and doesnt have a forum.

IMHO this is the best site around (baised??) - I just thought the link was a good idea? We discussed at the last meeting why so many people join the forum, and not the club, and whether they found it a little off putting - well maybe a piece such as ont he FBAC site, that they could print off for info on the club and surrounding areas would be a good idea?

Bearing in mind that a smaller sample would be better, im sure a few of us could all take a section each and contribute? We could also print a few off for distribution at events like the jumble....?