Solent Afternoon

Paul D

Got back from short trip to Solent out of Lymington ( very short trip as off to Weymouth tomorrow AM ).

Caught a nice sized starry smoothhound - didnt get to weigh it though as I got called out by work whilst fish was alongside the boat - fish then decided to make a break for freedom while I was on the phone and straightened out the hook sad.gif

also caught the smallest bream I have ever caught - it was approx twice the size of the hook which had gone through one gill and out the other !!

Weather was great - my only regret was not being able to stay out longer.

Mackeral were a bit scarce - had one string full after 4 drifts. 4 other boats also seemed to be struggling to find Maccky as well.

Paul gasps.........Caught a nice sized starry smoothhound - didnt get to weigh it though as I got called out by work whilst fish was alongside the boat - fish then decided to make a break for freedom while I was on the phone and straightened out the hook

Paul, was the episode worthy of a 'Youv'e been framed' video clip. I can imagine it now laugh.gif . Was Helen with you?

What a shame you had to cut the day short. I bet you were well 't'eed off. mad.gif Never mind mate have a great day at Weymouth. biggrin.gif

Mad Mike