trailer park

Sole Man

Just a quickie, Can anyone tell me if you have to pay to put your trailer n the trailer park at Wick.

cheers

John

If you read the sign it's unclear......I have never paid over the last 10 years as they can't allocate a trailer to a vehicle...........but if you leave the trailer on the car then put 2 tickets on....that means

Also be aware that one of the traffic wardens at Wick tried to give me a parking ticket because I had displayed the 2 valid tickets on the windscreen of my car instead of one on the car and one on the trailer! I tried to point out that if I had put one on the trailer it would have either blown off or have been 'borrowed' by someone else. He suggested that next time I put my trailer in the trailer park (having removed the trailer board or number plate) and not paid at all! Do not expect logic to prevail.

Harry S

was given a pcn couple of years ago at wick for not having a ticket for my trailer. I appealled and asked for their photo evidence.When this arrived it showed my car, in a parking space at the north of the car park, rear end pointing towards the river.There was a trailer on the grass verge behind me, which someone had parked up behind my car.I pointed out the trailer in the photo was not mine, and the fine was cancelled.

I think you can put your trailer on the grass if behind \ connected to your car but you still have to buy 2 tickets, even though you are only taking one space, aka a stealth tax!!

Did I mention that last time I launched there a cyclist riding across the slip advised that "it would be useful if I had lights on the boat as it was difficult to see it was reversing" "I'm not having a go, just letting you know". I advised him that it was a slipway and I was launching and what did he expect me to do! I should have offered for him to lie down behind the trailer.

must have been a full moon!

Rob