Friday Evening

Paul D

As the weather has been so good persuaded Helen and Elaine that a trip out Friday evening would be good. I even recall mentioning the words "flat calm".

Got to Wick ( having nearly lost a trailer wheel ) and a regular we see there hade just returned saying it was "quite lumpy" out there. This rang alarm bells but undaunted we set out.

Got to the ledge and pushed on towards XRay. A few driftes for mackeral ( plenty around ) and then headed for XRay.

Helen was going very quiet and a greenish sort of colour, so decided to stop and anchor. Then its was dogfish time......

Weather improved as the tide slackened ( good job as I was thinking it would rough up if the tide ebbed with the wind against it ) and by the time of the fireworks it was quite pleasant.

Elaine caught her first Tope ( as did Helen ) and I caught the biggest Tope smile.gif

Only second trip out ever at night and the return was far smoother than the first time. Now armed with plotter it is a simple case of following the track back in ( whilst looking out for other boats ). - Also learnt that a strange light in the sky is possibly the light on top of the mast of a yacht smile.gif