dancing ledge -conger hunt

Guest colin

Guest colin

Went to dancing ledge friday night with my beach fishing buddies, for a conger hunt! realised that perhaps local knowledge would be needed to catch one. Nico had a pollack of 2lb early onand then nothing apart from losing kit! I managed 2 rockling boggest almost 1 1/2lb PB! taken on maccy flappers!!

was great fun climbing back in the dark and fog at 3am not 100% sure if going correct way.

certainly wetted our appetite but need to get some more rod time in the correct place

Now that brings back some memories of some great night conger sessions I had on the rocks, mostly off Portland Bill. Had some damn good conger, but my mate Terry's best catch was a 12 1/2 lb Bass caught at 3pm in the morning on Mackerel head and guts. Oh, and a 3 bearded rockling that was 1oz under the British record.

We used to fish all year round. One winter it was so cold we took it in terms to return to the car for an hour or two to warm up. I fell asleep in the car and 4 hrs later I walked back to the rocks to find Terry sat staring out to sea with a layer of frost all over him. I thought the bugger was dead!! ohmy.gif

Bob F