Saturday's Charter trip

Sinbad

Well, agreed to use up a valuable days brownie points on a charter out of Keyhaven with some mates from work.

Fished south of 50 36.50 deg in about 30m. As usual, wind against tide, and out of 8 of us, two were not fishing. Still not bad compared to the other charter nearby who had 4/4 not fishing!

We were quickly into a 35lb conger and a 10lb thornback, so the day started well.. then nothing... a reasonable tope lost at the side of the boat... a small smoothie.. a tope for Sinbad (must remember how flexible the end with the teeth in is next time when holding the tail. The fish managed just one pass over the back of my hand and that was enough)

then the smallest bream Ive ever seen (was perfectly formed and about 2" long)

and dogfish after dogfish. Skipper must have had over 100m of warp, but still dragged off the mark...

We fished arround alum bay for the afternoon, which was alot smoother in the westerley 4-5, but only had mackeral.

So on reflection, a good day out, but would I bother again ?

I suppose we dont know how lucky we self styled skippers are, come and go when we please, and flexible enough to try different spots if they dont produce.

So when you think the fish are greener on the other side etc, just stick it out on the ledge, there's everything I want and only 20 mins steam from the shore.

Paul