Mercury 75HP

Fugazi

My power trim is only working in one direction (down) when using the control box rocker switch, it works fine in both directions using the cowl mounted switch.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2004 Mercury 75HP?

or can help with diagnosing if my control lever power trim switch is U/S?

There are 5 pins in the control box electrical connector marked A - E which one is the trim up pin?

Gordon H

Gordon

If you can not get the wireing diagram have a look at the wire colours on the cowl switch that is working.

the same wire colours at the control box should give it away. black is usually the common earth.

if you think you have worked it out, try swapping the wires, if it now motors up and not down it may well be just a U/S switch.

good luck

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

Armed with the wiring diagram that Dave put on as a link yesteday I was able to establish very quickly with my multimeter that the trim switch is fine. So the fault is somewhere in the blue/white lead between the control box and the engine. I suspect its a corrosion problem in a connector at the engine end, but due to the weather today, I'll leave it for a dry day to lift off the engine cover and sort it out.

Gordon H