Penn Servicing Glasgow Closure

Member Removed

Penn Servicing Glasgow - Announcement

Dear all,

It is with great regret that as of 17th December, the servicing facility for Penn here in Glasgow, will close.

As of mid January 2009,Purefishing / Shakepeare UK in Redditch will be the parts and service centre for ALL Penn products. The full details are as follows;

Purefishing / Shakespeare Company (UK) Limited

P.O. Box 1

Broad Ground Road

Lakeside

Redditch

Worcs B98 8NQ

Tel. No: 01527 510570

Fax. No: 01527 500007

Any URGENT problems arising in the time between 17th December and 15th January should be addressed to;

Mick Simons

33 Farleigh Rd.

Pershore

Worcs

WR10 1LF

Tel. 01386 552 949

Mick should only be used in the most urgent of cases - he only holds a very finite stock of parts! Please hold off on sending reels for any routine servicing until Redditch gets up and running.

Obviously, as Glasgow will close on 17th December, I would recommend that no items should be returned to me in the run up to that, as I cannot guarantee that I'll have time to work on them.

I realise that this is the second time in 12 months that we have changed details following the aqusition of Penn by Shakespeare K2, but needs must, and I am sorry for any confusion or problems this further change will cause. Unfortunately, I will not be a part of the new service department, but I am confident that you should not notice any major changes.

On a more personal note, I want to say that it has been a real pleasure working with you guys over the past 9 years, and I hope that I have been able to help a few of you with one thing or another along the way!

Cheers to one and all,

Ewen

The Penn Reel Doc

12th November 2008

PS. You may not have heard the last of me just yet!!!

This is a fairly general post from Ewen.

I've been chatting to him via email over the last day or so.

Some of you may remember that at the last meeting I mentioned Ewen coming to a meeting to do a reel servicing / repair piece.

He "may" be free to come along to our February meeting.

Ewen has family down in Swanage and may be visiting in February. I said that we would make him extremely welcome if he came along.

Tom

PS: Good luck Ewen!