Tues Short Session

Adam F

Mark B and I knocked off early today. A slight window in the weather gave us a chance at getting out for a few hours.

Forecast was 3-4 S/SW, it was at least a 4 southerly when we got out the harbour, not nice! sad.gif Down to 6 knots over the ledge as we punched through the waves!

Mackeral easy to find, no probs. I wanted to head off the IOW banks, but too rough, so settles in a 80' hole over the back of the ledge. A handful of pack tope to kick off, then a few doggies, the nothing. So we move. Doggies, nothing, move again, dogiies nothing, move again, bream, tompot blenny, doggies - nothing.

Then rigged up a pair if storm lures and trolled then all the way back to the harbour at 4 knots - guess what?....nothing!!

The fishing just seemd really poor out their tonight, I suppose you get trips like that!.

Anyway, nice to be out for a few hours and also get home at a reasonable time.

Adam

Hi Adam

From all reports sounds like the bream are well scattered. I've had nothing much in any quantity recently from the marks I fished last season. (if this makes sense)

But maybe its the time of year, I've heard they dissapear arround end June/ july and return later in the season.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Paul

Same here then really. We have fished the same productive marks as last year, and although we have had a few good fish, nothing like we were getting last year.

Mind you, we were fishing a little later in the year in 2003, so maybe there is time yet for it to pick up.