Hello from a new member

Simon

Hi, just wanted to say hello and thank you for such a useful site!!!

I'm based in Sandford and hope to get a boat in the next 12 months which I can use for fishing and family fun days out. With a 5 month old and 3 year old I just have to get my better half on board!

If possible, I hope to pick a few brains over the coming months on the best way to get started. It's a bit daunting knowing where to start.

Any tips pointing me in the direct direction would be greatefully received.

Welcome Simon.

I am new too. They all seem very friendly and helpfull.

I understand the bit about getting the wife on board, It took me years to get Jacquie to smile favourably at me spending that kind of dosh.

Jim

Welcome to the site Simon and pick away until your hearts content tongue.gif

First bit of advice would be look around to see what boats are available that would suit you. Then the hard bit SET A BUDGET and stick more or les to it. May sound simple but you have to be very realistic or else you can end up spending a fortune and still not be happy.

Before you make a final decision on which boat to go for blag rides out on other owners boats preferably those similar to what you have in mind. Listen to what they have to say about their boats but be selective in what you believe; after all would you say your boat was a pile of pooh if you had spent a fair sum of money on it? Take in all the info and work out for yourself what you want or maybe don

Welcome Simon,

oin the club and come along this Thursday to our meeting.

As Mr B says try before you buy! There are plenty of different boats in the club to suit all styles and budgets.

Rob