In The Olden Days

charlieannear

A good read!!

However - dont the forum members think that stories of old always sound better the older they are?

I remember days fishing off Boscombe Pier when I was 5 with my Dad. Sure the fishing was better then, but I recall days of a cod every cast - when in reality I guess the 2 or 3 cod I saw caught seemed like monsters every cast!

Nice to reminisce though!

Wow I would love to take modern tackle, modern anglers and Alfresco out in an area like that.

I suppose Norway is the best on offer now. But its a long steam rolleyes.gif

Adam I agree

When I was a lad growing up on the Bristol Channel and Mad on fishing. I heard stories from the older Members of my fishing Club of the wonders of "Chesil Beach Cod Fishing"

As soon as we could drive friends and I set off for this mecca, to find dozens of tilley lights all along the huge beach every night. and reports of one or two big cod.

We never caught one,in many attemps and soon the lure of the "Chesil" faded.

I personally think that we all do very well to maintain the catches we do, and continued increases in PB's and Club records from our dwindling fish stocks.

I am sure if we had to revert to the tackle, boats and lack of nav aids of my youth we would be very dissapointed. wink.gif

But it is still worth it IMHO, we just have to appreciate the good days more when we get them biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif