InExcess

charlieannear

As the title suggests, InExcess in Ashley Road currently has a load of Fladen tackle on the shelves. Fresh water, fly and salt water.

Various starter kits (rod, reel and tackle), starter tackle sets (tackle box and swivels, hooks, lures etc) reels, line, swivels, hooks, snap swivels, beads, lures, floats and small weights.

Not to everyone's taste I know, but might be of interest to the more budget-aware out there!

As always with InExcess, when it's gone, it's gone.

If any experts can have a look and reccomend anything, carry on!

C.

As the title suggests, InExcess in Ashley Road currently has a load of Fladen tackle on the shelves. Fresh water, fly and salt water.

Various starter kits (rod, reel and tackle), starter tackle sets (tackle box and swivels, hooks, lures etc) reels, line, swivels, hooks, snap swivels, beads, lures, floats and small weights.

Not to everyone's taste I know, but might be of interest to the more budget-aware out there!

As always with InExcess, when it's gone, it's gone.

If any experts can have a look and reccomend anything, carry on!

C.

Can't you just see all the 'designer tackle' users creeping in round the side entrance wearing false noses, glasses and dressed in dirty mackintoshes as the stock up on cheepo stuff. tongue.giflaugh.gif

Mad Mike

Edited by Afishionado

I popped in this weekend, and bought a load of hooks (60p a packet of 20), a few lures, and some other bits. Braid had all sold out, and prices were generally HALF the price of the Fladen gear at The Range (or wimborne Market).

Their Chieftain 30 multiplier for example was

Mike,

I have a Fladen 555 ( I think that is the number ) - multiplier and it has lasted for a year but the drag is hosed now...... ( sort of on/off )

I am sure they will last longer if looked after but it really is a case of "you gets what you pay for" I am afraid.

When I first started boat fishing, I bought a Fladen boat rod for 10Quid from ashley heath boot sale (yes I know, it was probably stolen....)

7 years on, its still going strong, refuses to be destroyed....

Its not all bad, depending on how you treat it!!

Paul rolleyes.gif

Thank goodness Fladen don't put their names on all their bottom tackle.At least the fish won't know that its not designer gear.

I have been using;rods ;floats ;swivels;landing net ;knives;scales;fish,lip grippers;trawl net [welsh sandeels];feathers;lures; a fish smoker,and lots of other sundry bits and pieces,all Fladen. Never had a breakage or failure of any kind.

Must admit to designer [and bloody expensive] reels,but then I havent tried the Fladen range.

I admit to not catching lots of fish,but feel that's got more to do with my lack of expertise ,than the use of lower price fishing tackle.

The Cash Generater shop in the other Ashley Road,has a rotary display stand towards the back of the shop.I often spend time looking whilst my wife and daughter are in Primark [almost opposite]...Oh dear,they are not designer either,I am showing my "class". dry.gif jack