Can I use a grip lead downtide?

Newboy

Hi

Sorry to disagree with Mike but you can use grip leads when down tide fishing, not that I have. You lower your takle (fishing that is) down to the bottom with your griplead in place, allow a large bow of line out which under the pressure of the tide should set the wires.

Like I said I havent used this method but there is no reason why it shouldn't work

Martin

tongue.gif Not strictly true afishionado, when we fish the Kidney Banks on a roaring spring for the big blondes, we tandem 2lb bopedo with 8oz fixed gripper. Let out a loop of line as per uptiding and it sticks like proverbial to a blanket mate. BB cool.gif

Well as they say one lives and learns. I had never thought of it that way but I can now see that it could work....well well I'm gonna give that a go I think.........

Thanks guys.

Mad Mike

For the blonde rays on the deep banks off weymouth we used to make nose grip weights like those used on the beach but made in a 1.5lb Bopedo mould.

They stick to the bottom like s**t to a blanket, but you have to use fairly hefty gear to get them up out of the ground.

Then again you need hefty gear fishing for big blondes on those banks anyway, and you must fish on the bottom.

Charlie biggrin.gif