Forum advice required

great white

Can anyone [webmaster] advise

I have just changed my PC the new one was not opening the website links, but since I have run the Java download it seems OK now.

On the Forum however it does not seem to be recognising which posts have been read.

I am using "view new posts" as usual, but as I return from reading and replying to the posts I can not tell which ones have not yet been read.

In simple terms please.

I am a Marine Engineer not an IT consultant.

Cheers Charlie

Charlie I dont know a lot about these techno things but try this, click on "view new posts" when you are sure that you have read em all click on "mark all posts as read and return to the forum" Then hopefully when you click on view new posts next time it will only display new posts.

If that dont work hopefully Paul will know whats up

Martin

Thanks Martin

Nice tip biggrin.gif

On the other PC and my work one it seemed to do that in auto. but not on this one.

when I go back to view new posts next time it only lists new ones, but as you read down a long list especially between phone calls at lunchtime it is easy to keep rereading ones I have allready opened. sad.gif

Charlie

Charlie,

Sorry for the delay in replying ( lack of telegraph pole ! ).

If Martin's tip doesnt work then you may find that you need to change settings regarding storage of cookies on your PC or settings with regard to temporary internet files settings.

Let me know if there is still a problem.

Paul

Charlie,

In simple terms. I haven't a clue at the moment how to do it !!

I have the same problem.

One useful tip is that you can click the Blue circle next to a forum category with ipb in it to tell the system that you have read all posts ion that category, that's what I do.