Bass Mls

Paul J

It will be interesting to see where these additional nursery areas are going and how they are to be policed! huh.gif

Shame about MLS and it is obvious that the Sea Fishing Licence is going to happen at some time! mad.gif

Having read how that has affected Portugal's leisure fishing industry with their governments draconian rules there needs to be a great deal of pressure from bodies like NFSA to stop a similar situation happening here.

Coddy

dry.gif

That decision demonstrates the lobbying power of the commercial fishing lobby.

It is flawed. In one statement it states Bass stocks are high and being fished sustainably. In the next statement "I could not justify introducing a measure which would have had such an impact on those fishermen given the current pressures they face"

What pressures ?

and then a study which assumes all discards will die is used to show how the MLS wouldn't work. Why would there be so many bass discarded - the net size would be larger.

Still, I am sure they will not be happy until the bass fishing is at a similar level to the Plaice and Cod fishing. At that stage I shall no longer be contributing to the governments revenue as it will be pointless owning and running a boat and they can kiss my vote goodbye. ( Not to say it would be any different under any other government )

mad.gif

I hope you all write to your MP's and let them know what you think. If every angler does this then maybe things might be different.

"Anglers will be dissapointed"

says Mr Jonathon Shaw, what an understatement mad.gif

Ministers have studies, reports and information coming out of their ears but not a lot between them it seems. It appears that we anglers have gained nothing other than the prospect of more studies, reports and even more information for ministers to ignore. It appears they might just broaden the bass nursery areas but then again maybe not. We will need yet another costly study to see if this is necessary. Oh and bye the way Anglers may have to pay a licence fee to help fund all this research with little chance of any benefits coming out of it for us. Oh and you might have to suffer bag limits and exclusion/no take zones

Keith Arthur has done a great job in airing our views on His Talk sport am radio show this Weekend.

The show is between 6am-8am on Saturday and Sundays.

i went on this morning to have a rant and also to promote the Open Comp.

Next week he has the NFSA chairman on to discuss what they plan to do about it

PJ