Second Hand Engine

Member Removed

My Tohatsu 25hp has taken a nose dive after a service, and its probably not worth repairi so I've been told (by the person who did the service). I'd like to get a second opinion, but don't want to spend to much money on it, assuming I need to try and source another one.

Can you recommend anybody whose good with engines and works at a resonable price?

Getting another Tohatsu would allow me to keep the electrics etc...do you know of any good second hand ones?

or alternatively any other ones with cables for steering and selectric start?

thanks...

Hi Grant

Sorry to hear of your problems with the engine. weep.gif

Many members use Sam Trickett for servicing and repairs, not used him myself yet but I am sure he good. smile.gif

You did not state if your engine is 2 or 4-stroke but a quick search on Boats & Outboards web site highlighted a few new and used models.

A lot depends on your budget! sad.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

grant - sorry to hear of your troubles, let me know if you decide to source another engine and I may buy yours for spares ! Or alternativley i could look at it for you, not a qualified mechanic but have had sucsess striping/rebuilding 2 strokes of all kinds...

What does your mechanic think is wrong ??