Today - Friday - Evening

Paul D

Hi Paul

I was out there last night chasing eels!

Only had 2 on the boat biggest a modest 30 no whackers by ledge standards, but did snare a monster bully, to my rod this time 12lb 8oz was the weight, photo to follow! biggrin.gif

Watch out there tonight Paul the wind whipped up from nowhere last night as the flood tide built and with wind against tide we were being slopped about all over the place and it was pretty much unfishable!!. So we came inshore to find some shelter and there wasn't a breath of wind! blink.gif

Would love to come out again tonight but its the FPO turn to go out so I'm babysitting sad.gif

Tight lines

James

James,

We had same weather wise out there last night. Fished the ebb in what must have been around a F3-4 easterly. Bit lumpy but fishable. Tried XRay to start where we bagged up on doggies before going across to the ledge.

No eels or Bull Huss this time but plenty of big pout and the occasional dogfish sad.gif

Decided to come inshore ( flat calm in there but wind wasd a bit cold by now ) before the tide turned and went wind against tide.

Tried for some triggers - do they feed at night though ? before coming back through the run at low water ( no problem with the new channel ).

Back home for 3.00 AM.